LEADERSHIP. EXPERIENCE. DISCIPLESHIP
The Lifesong Leadership Academy is an opportunity to receive personal discipleship and leadership training, as well as a glimpse into local church ministry and hands-on training in the area of ministry you are curious about. Learn how to better know your calling, grow in your faith and love your community!
Get excited for….
- Exposure to local church ministry, small groups & community outreaches
- Education through leadership classes, discipleship teaching & 1-on-1 mentoring
- Experience across ministry areas through hands-on training & application
The 2018 Lifesong Leadership Academy Intensive Session begins on Sunday, June 29 and concludes Saturday, August 11. Apply now!
The Lifesong Leadership Academy is a program designed to help you maximize three areas critical to ministry inside and outside the church:
Leadership – Lifesong Leadership Academy is intentionally designed to challenge and equip you in many facets of leadership. You receive formal classroom instruction focused on core leadership principles as well as hands-on learning through presentations, group leadership, & creative problem-solving. These include service opportunities, obstacle courses, & team-oriented physical development.
Experience – You will be expected to jump in and immerse yourself in various areas of service and ministry within the local church context. Ministry-specific project blocks ensure that you are exposed to a variety of ministry areas. You will gain skills crucial to success in any environment including marketing, design, networking, team development, strategic planning, and many more.
Discipleship – Leadership at any level begins with leading one’s self. Biblical leadership depends on your ability to hear & follow Jesus. As a result, personal discipleship is an integral part of Lifesong Leadership experience. Spiritual disciplines including reading Scripture, fasting, & prayer are will be woven throughout your experience on campus each day & during an off-site retreat.
The cost for each two-week intensive is $170. All students are expected to live within a reasonable distance from campus during their time in the academy. Home sponsors and a limited number of scholarships may be available.
How much does it cost to attend the Lifesong Leadership Academy?
The cost for the entire 2-week intensive is $170. This covers housing, books, retreat costs, t-shirts, and a gym membership. A non-refundable $100 deposit is due when you submit your completed application.
When will I know if I was accepted?
When you complete the online form, we will respond within 2-3 business days to arrange an introductory conversation. Following that conversation, we will send you the full application packet. Approximately 1 week after you submit a completed application and deposit, we let you know if you are accepted. Only fully completed applications can be processed.
Where will I live?
As a part of their experience within LLA, students will be heavily involved daily at Lifesong Church. Therefore, students are expected to live within a reasonable driving distance from our South Campus located at 65 Gilmore Drive in Sutton, MA. This generally means living within a 15 mile radius of the South Campus. If a prospective student lives outside of that area, we will provide a housing through a Home Sponsor.
What does a normal week look like?
Generally, the regularly scheduled elements of LLA occur Mondays – Thursdays from 7:30 am to 4 pm; and Saturdays & Sundays from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm. There may be occasional variations due to projects, retreats, or program requirements. You will receive a detailed schedule upon arrival.
Can I work while attending the Lifesong Leadership Academy?
LLA requires a time commitment of four 8-hour days a week and Sundays. In addition, there will be one three-day retreat. While the weekly routine may vary, the required portion of each day will generally conclude no later than 4 pm. As a result, most evenings and Saturday afternoons will be open for personal recreation, work, etc.
What if I don’t go to Lifesong Church?
We welcome anyone who would like to learn, grow, and increase their influence to apply. Because all training, events, and service opportunities will be connected to a ministry area of Lifesong Church; all applications require a pastoral reference. In order to obtain a pastoral reference, all applicants require the recommendation and specific approval from the pastor of their home church to apply for the Lifesong Leadership Academy.
Who is my point of contact?
Your most important contact person is the Director of the Lifesong Leadership Academy, Pastor Matt Zimmerman — E: email@example.com
What is a Home Sponsor? – Home sponsors are a dynamic part of the Lifesong Leadership Academy experience. Students are required to live close enough to immerse themselves in full-time training at Lifesong Church. Many of our students will need to be placed with a family that commits to opening up their home while loving, encouraging, and supporting their student for the duration of the academy. Home sponsors are more than just a room and board. They are families who invest in young leaders by building relationships with their students.
What are the requirements to be a Home Sponsor? – Each family should pray about the decision to become a home sponsor. A home sponsor should consider the financial responsibilities of hosting a student and feel secure in their decision. A home sponsor should have a bed for the student to sleep in, as well as a bathroom that is accessible to them and should have enough food available to the student to prepare or pack a meal. There are various opportunities for home sponsors to be involved with their students’ events including orientation, graduation, and more.
What are the benefits of being a Home Sponsor? – There are many rewards that come as you are offering your home to a young leader. You are facilitating God’s ministry in their lives & as a result, you will have the joy of seeing their growth. Many times God will use the experiences that the students face to minister to the home sponsors as well. When God calls us to a task, He always rewards obedience in ways that cannot be described. LLA students are asked to participate in your environment by maintaining a clean living space & offering to help as often as possible.
For more information regarding Home Sponsorship, email Academy@LifesongOnline.org.
As a part of your academy experience, you will be introduced to several areas of ministry and given opportunities to explore, learn, and serve. Each area develops skills that can be applied in a church, the market place, at home, and throughout the world.
Through serving alongside KidSong & Movement, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Planning and coordinating kids and youth events
- Supporting and coordinating small group planning & execution
- Large event creation, marketing, & coordination.
- Designing & managing databases to track kids & equip volunteers
- Assisting in volunteer communication, recruiting and processing
Through serving alongside the Lifesong Worship team, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- 1-on-1 development & training from a Worship Leader
- Preparing and performing on stage as a musician or lead/back-up vocalist
- Scheduling bands, performers, & vocalists for Worship services
- Assisting with communication to all worship talent
- Assisting with programming
- Planning, scheduling & coordinating weekly rehearsals & worship auditions
Through serving alongside IMPACT, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Planning and coordinating Community Outreach events
- Working alongside Outreach Partners & volunteers
- Assisting with identifying opportunities to serve
- Assisting with planning logistics and database management
Pastoral Ministry & Discipleship
Through serving alongside the Pastoral Staff, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Observing counseling sessions, hospital visits, and 1-on-1 mentoring
- Helping facilitate classes including Lifesong 101, Awaken, & NEXT
- Maintaining a database of small groups, volunteers, and leaders
- Coordinating and facilitating volunteer and small group events
- Planning and scheduling discipleship focused communication
- Helping plan, train, recruit, & empower Small Group Leaders
Video & Graphic Design
Through serving alongside the Creative Team, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Designing graphics for worship experiences & ministry departments
- Assisting in branding, planning, and design across a variety of different mediums
- Prioritizing & managing project deadlines
- Assisting with managing/prioritizing video requests
- Coordinating and identify talent, props & locations for video shoots
A/V & Production
Through serving alongside the LS PRO team, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Assisting with technical AV aspects on a campus each weekend
- Assisting with set design & back-stage production
- Assisting with and helping execute stage plans, equipment upgrades, & design installation
- Working with sound, lighting and presentation techs to execute event designs
- Assisting in the creation and design of special projects and events
Through serving alongside the Communication and Creative Team, you will gain skills and experiences through these elements:
- Assisting with ongoing development & implementation of communication strategies
- Assisting with the design of Social Media strategy at services & events
- Facilitate & help design promotion plans across ministry areas
- Helping draft & proof all communications for brand, voice, & content
- Helping equip key leaders to communicate through creative research